The deadline to schedule final exams with Disability Services is Friday, April 14, 2023. The Weingarten Center is offering drop-in hours Monday – Friday, 10am – 4pm, to assist students with exam scheduling.
When scheduling final exams:
- Make sure the date range includes the exam date.
- If you select the “Final Exam” option, the length of the standard exam will default to 120 minutes.
- If you select “Override Course Length,” you will be prompted to enter the length of the standard exam without accommodations.
- Click “Check Availability” and select a slot at the correct start time in the Final Exam – Seat TBD option.
- Seat assignments will change after booking. It is important to review your reservation in the MyWeingartenCenter Portal on the morning of your exam to confirm your time and location.
Final exams will be administered in the BioTech Commons and in Williams Hall.
- Please come to your testing location prepared with your Penn ID so the check-in process is smooth and efficient.
- Check in for all exams in the BioTech Commons (including exams in the first-floor study rooms) will be in the hallway outside of the testing center on the blue level, one floor down from the main entrance.
- Check in for all exams in Williams Hall will be in Room 2.
If you are taking an online exam, you must come prepared with your own fully charged laptop. Disability Services will not provide testing computer for students who have online exams.
If you have an accommodation that allows access to a computer, you are NOT permitted to use a personal device. You will be given a secure Disability Services testing computer at the start of your exam.
To assist in reminding students to schedule their exams through the Weingarten Center, course instructors should include information for students with disabilities when making announcements about final exams in class and on their Canvas site.
Course instructors should use MyWeingartenCenter to review their student’s final exam reservations on the Room Bookings tab. Please communicate any discrepancies to the Disability Services staff. In MyWeingartenCenter, use the Exam tab to provide detailed instructions for administering your exam, and upload a copy of the exam at least two days in advance. Weingarten Center staff will print all exams one day prior to administration. Please include the course code and section number on the exam itself, as well as the course instructor’s name, as this helps Disability Services staff to accurately prepare exam materials.
Course instructors should select their preferred method of exam return when uploading to MyWeingartenCenter. Exams returned electronically via SecureShare will be returned one business day after the exam is given. Course instructors who choose to pick up their completed exams should come to the Weingarten Center no earlier that 9am the day after their exam is given.
The Weingarten Center provides lined paper for students taking written exams. Course instructors who require the use of blue books must pick up their completed exam in person from the Weingarten Center. Blue books will not be scanned and returned electronically.
Course instructors are strongly encouraged to indicate whether an exam is given online or on paper. This allows Disability Services staff to assign the student to the appropriate testing space. If the exam is online, please indicate whether it must be administered in a proctored setting.
Please contact the Weingarten Center with any questions or concerns.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org – Phone: 215-573-9235 – MyWeingartenCenter Portal
Location: Hamilton Village, 220 South 40th Street, Suite 260
Office Hours: 9am – 5pm, Monday – Friday
Final Exam Testing Hours (May 1 – May 9): 8am – 8pm, Monday – Friday.