Penn's Home for
Academic Support & Disability Services
What We Do
The busyness of life requires us to maintain a calendar and schedule appointments that work for all parties involved. Think about a time when you just needed an answer from a friend. You started by trying to leave a voicemail but the user’s mailbox was full. Then you resorted to texting and still did not get an answer. Last resort: sending an email. Your efforts just did not result in a response. I understand the frustration; I have been in this situation. My Weingarten Center colleagues have given great thought to finding ways to be there for students. Through MyWeingartenCenter, students can set up an appointment to meet with a Learning Specialist, Tutoring Coordinator, or Disability Specialist, yet there are those occasions when a student just needs to meet with a Weingarten Center staff member for 5-10 minutes to get an answer. We have a few solutions for you:
- Penn First Plus (P1P) students can stop by the Shleifer Family P1P Center on Thursdays between 2 – 4 p.m. to learn more about the Weingarten Center services.
- Graduate and professional students take advantage of learning consultations at the Graduate Student Center (Room 301) on Tuesdays from 1 – 4 p.m.
- Drop-in tutoring for Math 1300, 1400, and 1410 and Chemistry 1011, 1012, and 1022 is available in Houston Market, Sunday – Thursday, 7:45 p.m. – 10:30 p.m.
- If you want to learn more about Disability Services or you are already registered and need help making a test reservation, stop by the Weingarten Center in Stouffer Commons. Assistance is available 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., Monday – Friday.
- The Weingarten Center serves as a Let’s Talk site. This program is offered through the Counseling Center, and a therapist is available in the Weingarten Center on Wednesdays from 2 p.m. – 5 p.m.
As Penn’s home for Academic Support and Disability Services, the Weingarten Center is committed to being there for students. Please stop by and see us!
Jane Holahan, Ed.D., Executive Director
Access the Weingarten Center Portal
- Schedule an appointment
- Submit an Accessibility Request
- Manage accommodations
- Register for a workshop
Drop In to Learn More
During the fall and spring semesters, our staff offers weekly Weingarten Center drop-in hours at key campus locations where you can learn more about accessing academic support and disability services. We also offer drop-in tutoring for undergraduates, drop-in learning consultations for all students, and drop-in hours with Disability Services.
Penn First Plus Center
Weingarten Center Resources
Thursdays, 2 – 4 p.m.
Penn Women's Center
Weingarten Center Resources
Thursdays, 3 – 4 p.m.
(Starting February 1st)
Weingarten Center Events Calendar
The Weingarten Center works closely with Penn faculty, student organizations, and our many campus partners to offer programs and workshops throughout the academic year. We are currently accepting requests for virtual and in-person programs that address Learning Strategies, Tutoring, and/or Disability Services.